Do you constantly feel tired and do not sleep well at night? Do you wake up tired the next morning because you didn’t get enough sleep? If your answer is “yes”, you may be suffering from insomnia, which is defined as a person’s inability to sleep well enough on a daily basis to prevent them from performing their daily duties and obligations, and therefore a person suffering from this problem needs to take special precautions. face this problem by changing some behaviors and habits, overcome this problem, and sleep soundly at night
To get a night of deep and restful sleep
1-Maintain regular sleep schedules
Waking up and going to bed at the same time every day allows your body to sleep better because the body’s biological clock is regulated, so you need to wake up at the same time every day, even on weekends, to train your body to sleep and rest I wake up. of course.
2-Make sure your sleep environment is comfortable
Your bedroom should be properly prepared for a quiet, comfortable and comfortable sleep, for example, it should be at the right temperature, neither too cold nor too hot, and the lighting should be dimmed and the pillows, mattresses, and bedspreads with which you need for a comfortable sleep should be made as comfortable as possible and the phone Be sure to get rid of all sources that disturb you or prevent you from sleeping, such as television and other things.
3-make your bed sleep
For example, some people may be tempted to work on a computer or study, make phone calls or watch TV in bed or in the bedroom, so be sure to reserve your bed only for sleeping. activities will increase your alertness and cause insomnia and lack of sleep.
Exercising daily, as being active during the day is directly proportional to the quality of your sleep and will help improve your sleeping habits. Plus, exercising during the day reduces mental stress and helps you enjoy restful, comfortable, and deep sleep.
5-do relaxation exercises
Regular relaxation exercises help slow down breathing, reduce stress levels in the body and thus help you sleep comfortably and peacefully. Examples of such exercises are deep breathing exercises, meditation, and other exercises.
6-watch your diet
Eating healthy foods before bed helps you sleep calmly and naturally, so you should eat foods with vitamin B6 and foods with magnesium before bed, and these foods include whole foods and nuts like cashew nuts and almonds. and sunflower seeds, as well as leafy vegetables and fruits like bananas.
Other ways to get rid of insomnia
In addition to those already mentioned, there are other ways to overcome insomnia, here are some of them:
- Writing, writing can help you get rid of stuck thoughts that cause a lot of anxiety and tension in the mind, causing negative thoughts to accumulate, so you should write down the good things that have happened to you in the past. a course of the day; To calm the mind and achieve a state of calm and serenity so you can relax and sleep well.
- Do not forget that reading should be done from a paper book, and not from an e-book on the phone, because reading is one of the activities that allow you to relax and fall asleep longer, especially for children.
- Take a warm bath before bed and take a shower as this promotes relaxation and deep sleep.
- Listening to soothing music can be an effective remedy for chronic sleep disorders as it promotes deep sleep.
Things to avoid before going to bed
- Avoid smoking before bed because smoking contains nicotine, which is a stimulant, so smokers can experience sleep disturbances represented by insomnia and frequent awakenings during sleep.
- Avoid drinking lots of fluids before bed, so try not to drink anything an hour before bed, as fluids will force you to go to the bathroom, disrupting sleep.
- Avoid eating heavy foods, so if you want to eat these foods, wait two hours before bedtime and avoid foods that can cause stomach problems, such as spicy and acidic foods.
- Reduce your caffeine intake, especially in the evening, because caffeine prevents the body from going into a deep sleep state, caffeine is found in coffee, tea, energy drinks, and sodas, and you can replace these drinks with a glass of warm milk or a cup of herbs
Drinks that help you to sleep
When is scientifically the best time to sleep?
Disadvantages of not sleeping a lot
The benefits of getting enough sleep at night