Community participation is the meaningful and positive involvement of individuals in the living world around us. Community Participation contributes to society’s growth, nevertheless, it also helps the individual’s physical and emotional growth. In our education, social activities, and employment, it is impossible to alienate ourselves from the community.
The NDIS community participation support is a great boon to the life of disabled people and their families who find this commonplace aspect of human life difficult to achieve.
Below are 6 important facts about NDIS Community Participation that you need to know.
1. Assistance with Social and Community Participation is funded support that comes under the Core Supports of the NDIS plan.
2. The Variety of activities you get to do under the category of Community Support range from attending schools, volunteering, attending your job, going to camp, and other recreational activities such as holidays.
3. Transportation assistance to fulfill any of the above-mentioned activities can be availed under this support.
4. The support staff to assist you during your community participation activities can be demanded from your NDIS service provider depending on your NDIS plan.
5. Increased Social and Community Participation is another support that could enable your engagement with society. It is accounted under the category of Capacity Building Supports budget.
6. Under the above-mentioned support, you can access various services that will enhance your independence and life skills.
The support of a registered NDIS provider such as Aastha Community Services can help you go a long way in receiving the maximum benefits from your NDIS funding. With a tailored plan that entirely caters to your needs, our trained staff can assist you with your community involvement. Our services include but are not limited to assistance with personal care, support coordination, Mental health, and Psycho-social Recovery.
Our Services are available in Perth, Joondalup, Mirrabooka, Morley, Osborne Park, Victoria Park, Canningvale, Maddington, Armadale, Cockburn Central, Kwinana, Rockingham, and Mandurah. Contact Us for any enquiries